AcuraStem is a pre-clinical stage company focused on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). AcuraStem is advancing novel therapeutic approaches for ALS using patient-derived stem cell models. The incumbent candidate should have experience in neurobiology, stem cells, familiarity with CNS animal models, and the pharmaceutical process of drug discovery.
At AcuraStem, we value scientific excellence, results, persistence, details, teamwork, sound decision-making, and continuous learning. We are seeking a research associate who is skilled and well-organized to drive our research program forward.
The senior research associate is expected to work closely with AcuraStem scientists. The incumbent candidate should have experience with mammalian cell culture. The senior research associate will follow protocols in exact detail and propose improvements and changes when necessary.
- Maintain with human iPSC culture and perform differentiation to neuron/astrocyte/ microglia/skeletal muscle(2D/3D).
- Perform lenti /retrovirus production (HEK) and transduction.
- Perform immunostaining, microscopy, and image analysis with established protocol.
- Perform tissue dissection on mice(neonates/adults) and chick embryos for primary culture/ tissue analysis.
- Assist in the execution, development, and qualification of cell-based assays or imaging assays.
- Independently analyze, interpret, and communicate results to scientists and ensure accurate record keeping.
- Initiate scientific documents for research, including study reports, protocols, and other related documents.
- Support and collaborate with scientists, labs, vendors, and industry experts to ensure the completion of tasks/projects.
- Open to learning or establishing new assays closely with senior scientists.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in a biology discipline (Biology, Neuroscience, Bioengineering) with >4 years of industry research experience.
- > 4 years’ experience in mammalian cell culture.
- Experience in immunostaining, confocal microscopy, and image analysis.
- Experience in primary culture, tissue dissection, and processing (western blot, ELISA, qPCR).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in relating to colleagues and associates both inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Experience in mentoring interns and junior researchers.
- Knowledge of EH&S procedures.
Scheduling flexibility, which includes late evening, weekend, and holiday work hours is required. Due to the demands of maintaining healthy cell cultures, weekend work will be required. Traveling to various laboratory sites in Los Angeles county (~5%) may be required.
The candidate must already be in the USA and approved to work immediately.
Job Type: Full-time Salary range: 88,000- 138,000